Public Storage in Vancouver, BC
Self-Storage Solutions in Vancouver: Problem Solved
Vancouver has something for everyone. From scenic landscapes and diverse world cuisine to a flourishing arts and culture scene, this city is full of romance and beauty. Whether you live, work, or study in the bustling metropolis, the need for self-storage is never too far away. Our Public Storage Vancouver facilities are closely located to major thoroughfares, commercial areas and residential neighbourhoods, making it the ideal fit for household, vehicle and business storage.
Our top-notch facilities come equipped with an array of unit sizes and professional self-storage expertise on-site to help you find the best solution for your storage requirements. With features such as 24-hour electronic surveillance, flexible hourly access and affordable payment plans, we strive to provide a dependable storage destination. Learn more about what our Public Storage Vancouver facilities have to offer.
Our Vancouver Self-Storage Facilities: Key Features
Whether you need just a bit of storage or a lot, Public Storage Vancouver can accommodate your belongings and help keep them safe. Our centrally located storage facilities come equipped with key amenities and provide you with professional self-storage expertise on site, affordable payment plans, and essential security features.
If you live, work, and play in the Vancouver urban area, the need for self-storage is never too far away. When you’re on the go with a dynamic lifestyle, you’ll want a storage solution that offers maximum convenience. That’s why our locations are all in close proximity to important provincial highways or boundary roads. With facilities near industrial and commercial districts and situated in expanding urban neighbourhoods, Public Storage Vancouver is perfect for both business and residential storage alike.
Check out some of our key features:
- Heated storage solutions protect your goods from seasonal elements
- Units with drive-up access are available for quick and efficient loading
- Covered loading-bay available for speedy ease of use
- Packing and moving supplies offering our full range of products for an efficient move
- Daily access to storage units, including holidays
- Month-to-month contracts with flexible payment options
Self-Storage Cost in Vancouver
The cost of storage solutions is based on square footage, location and features. For example, a larger storage unit will cost more than a smaller unit and a unit situated on the outskirts of town is likely to cost less than in the downtown core. Special features like climate control and drive-up access also affect self-storage unit costs.
Our Public Storage units come in a variety of sizes to meet all of your storage needs. With regular monthly rates starting at $155 for small units, $229 for medium units, and $485 for large units, there is an assortment of price points to suit your self-storage budget. Visit one of our Vancouver facilities to discover a storage solution that’s just right for you!
Which Storage Unit Size Do You Need?
The size of your storage unit depends on what you are storing and how much you have:
- 5’x5’ (25 sq feet) is about the size of a closet. Choose this storage size if you need to store small items like boxes, a small mattress, children’s toys, books or other small items.
- 5’x10’ (50 sq feet) is ideal for storing the contents of a small one-bedroom or studio apartment such as a sofa, mattress set, end tables and several boxes.
- 10’x’10’ (100 sq feet) gives you enough storage space for a one- or two-bedroom apartment, including many boxes, a large mattress, appliances, a dining room set and living room furniture.
- 10’x’15’ (150 sq feet) provides space for the furnishings from a two- or three-bedroom apartment, including many boxes, mattress sets, living room furniture, dining set, patio furniture, many boxes or a vehicle or small boat.
- 10’x20’ (200 sq feet) is ideal for storing the contents of a three- or four-bedroom apartment or house, including many boxes, bedroom furniture sets, appliances, home office, living room and dining room, or a car or small boat.
- 10’x25’ (250 sq feet) gives you enough storage space for the contents of a three or four-bedroom house with a family room or furnished basement, including bedroom furniture sets, living room and dining room, appliances, many boxes and/or a car or small boat.
- 10’x30’ (300 sq feet) is our largest storage unit size and offers you enough space for the contents of a four or five-bedroom house, including many boxes, multiple furniture sets, patio furniture, family room or furnished basement, all major home appliances, and a vehicle or small boat.
Do You Need a Heated Facility?
Not sure whether you need heated units or climate-control for your stored items in Vancouver? Just answer these simple questions to find out:
Do you live in an area that experiences freezing temperatures?
Believe it or not, Vancouver winters can be pretty chilly! Although they rarely dip to the same lows as Eastern and Prairie provinces, the temperatures of winter cold snaps in Vancouver, BC, can still be cold enough to cause damage to temperature-sensitive belongings. That’s why Public Storage Vancouver protects your precious goods with heated units specially designed to withstand harsh Canadian winters.
Are your belongings susceptible to cold temperatures?
If you are storing important goods like records, vintage items, artwork, electronics or more, you’ll want to protect your belongings from the elements – and that includes cold Vancouver winter temperatures. Take a look at this list of sensitive items:
- Antiques or vintage items, especially wood furniture
- Artwork and collectibles
- Furniture and goods made of leather, metal, wood, fabric, or upholstery
- Electronics and media (such as flat screen TVs, laptops and computers, CDs and DVDs)
- Musical instruments
- Vinyl records
How long will you be storing your items?
If you will be storing your items between the months of November to April or for more than a year, your belongings will be exposed to seasonal winter cold. In this case, we recommend a heated storage solution to protect your belongings from freezing temperatures.
Our facilities in Kitsilano (1698 W 3rd Ave) and eastside Vancouver (663 Terminal Ave and 111 Commercial Dr) offer heated storage units, to protect your cold-sensitive items. Learn more about our heated storage options by visiting our temperature-controlled storage page.
Student Storage in Vancouver
With University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University Canada West, and British Columbia Institute of Technology all locally situated, Vancouver can definitely be called a student’s city.
But when summer rolls around and class is out, students need somewhere to store their belongings – that’s where we can help. Public Storage provides the perfect student storage options to keep your belongings both safe and readily accessible over the summer months – like our popular 5’ x 5’ unit, perfect for storing the contents of a dorm room, including boxes, small appliances, electronics, and a twin mattress.
Learn more about how to safely store your academic belongings with our student dorm room storage guide.
Special Self-Storage Promotions in Vancouver
Whether you’re storing your items for a month or many years, you deserve the best value for your self-storage solution. At Public Storage, we help you stretch your dollar over both the short and long-term with special promotions and prepay discounts that enable you get the most value from your storage solution.
Take a look at our amazing promotions, like paying just $1 for your first month’s rent, getting 50% off on your first 3 months, or one free month when you prepay for one year. Simply check out our current promotions for all the great deals happening right now.
Self Storage Safety
No matter how long you plan to store, your items deserve the utmost protection. Public Storage Vancouver is fully equipped with modern security features like 24-hour surveillance, alarmed units, and gated access. You can rest easy, knowing that your valuable possessions are safe and in good hands around the clock.
- 24/hour electronic surveillance gives you peace of mind
- Use your exclusive PIN code to access the security gate
- Your storage unit alarm is active at all times when you are not accessing the unit
Get the perfect storage solution that you can rely on at our Vancouver locations. Call toll-free or reserve online to get started!