Public Storage in Montreal, QC
Self-Storage Solutions in Montreal: Problem Solved
Full of vibrant culture, historic buildings and scrumptious cuisine, it’s no wonder Montreal is a city with world-class standards. When it comes to the self-storage experience, we strive to meet these expectations at each of our five convenient Public Storage Montreal facilities, all located close to popular autoroutes, residential communities and commercial areas.
We have a wide range of unit sizes to meet the storage needs of homeowners, vehicle owners, students, businesses and individuals looking for extra space. Along with state-of-the-art amenities like drive-up access and 24-hour electronic surveillance, Public Storage Montreal makes renting a unit simple with flexible payment options.
So, what are you waiting for? Learn more about what Public Storage Montreal can do for you.
Our Montreal Self-Storage Facilities: Key Features
A big-time city needs big-time storage. When you’re looking for a Montreal residential or business storage solution near you, whether it’s for short-term or long-term, we’ve got you covered. If you live or work in the city and you want a reliable storage solution for your household, vehicle, or business, Public Storage Montreal is here to meet all your storage needs. Our facilities come equipped with key amenities and provide you with professional self-storage expertise on site, affordable payment plans, and essential security features.
Convenience is the key to a top-notch storage experience. With all locations readily accessible from major autoroutes, such as A-40, A-20, or A-15, we’re in close proximity to wherever you happen to be. When we’re that easy to get to, you’ll be able to visit your Montreal storage unit as often as you want year-round, every day, for no extra charge, no exceptions!
Check out some of our key features:
- Heated storage solutions to help protect your belongings from seasonal elements
- Drive-up access and ground-level units for ease and convenience
- Outdoor parking available for vehicle storage
- Heavy-duty loading dock allows you to transfer items effortlessly from your truck or tractor-trailer
- Packing and moving supplies offering a full range of products for an efficient move
- Daily access to storage year-round, including holidays and after-hours
- Month-to-month contracts with various payment options for maximum flexibility
Self-Storage Cost in Montreal
The cost of storage solutions is based on square footage, location and features. For example, a larger storage unit will cost more than a smaller unit and a unit situated on the outskirts of town is likely to cost less than in the downtown core. Special features like climate control and drive-up access also affect self-storage unit costs.
Our Public Storage units come in a variety of sizes to meet all of your storage needs. With regular monthly rates starting at $52 for small units, $99 for medium units, and $307 for large units, depending on where you rent in the city, there is an assortment of price points to suit your self-storage budget. Visit one of our Montreal facilities to discover a storage solution that’s just right for you!
Which Storage Unit Size Do You Need?
The size of your storage unit depends on what you are storing and how much you have:
- 5’x5’ (25 sq feet) is about the size of a closet. Choose this storage size if you need to store small items like boxes, a small mattress, children’s toys, books or other small items.
- 5’x5’ (50 sq feet) is ideal for storing the contents of a small one-bedroom or studio apartment such as a sofa, mattress set, end tables and several boxes.
- 10’x’10’ (100 sq feet) gives you enough storage space for a one- or two-bedroom apartment, including many boxes, a large mattress, appliances, a dining room set and living room furniture.
- 10’x’15’ (150 sq feet) provides space for the furnishings from a two- or three-bedroom apartment, including many boxes, mattress sets, living room furniture, dining set, patio furniture, many boxes or a vehicle or small boat.
- 10’x20’ (200 sq feet) is ideal for storing the contents of a three- or four-bedroom apartment or house, including many boxes, bedroom furniture sets, appliances, home office, living room and dining room, or a car or small boat.
- 10’x25’ (250 sq feet) gives you enough storage space for the contents of a three or four-bedroom house with a family room or furnished basement, including bedroom furniture sets, living room and dining room, appliances, many boxes and/or a car or small boat.
- 10’x30’ (300 sq feet) is our largest storage unit size and offers you enough space for the contents of a four or five-bedroom house, including many boxes, multiple furniture sets, patio furniture, family room or furnished basement, all major home appliances, and a vehicle or small boat.
Do You Need a Heated Facility?
Not sure whether you need heated units or climate-control for your stored items in Montreal? Just answer these simple questions to find out:
Do you live in an area that experiences freezing temperatures?
Winters in Montreal can be extremely cold – certainly cold enough to potentially cause damage to temperature-sensitive belongings. That’s why Public Storage Montreal protects your precious goods with heated units specially designed to withstand harsh Canadian winters.
Are your belongings susceptible to cold temperatures?
If you are storing important goods like records, vintage items, artwork, electronics or more, you’ll want to protect your belongings from the elements – and that includes cold Montreal winter temperatures. Take a look at this list of sensitive items:
- Antiques or vintage items, especially wood furniture
- Artwork and collectibles
- Furniture and goods made of leather, metal, wood, fabric, or upholstery
- Electronics and media (such as flat screen TVs, laptops and computers, CDs and DVDs)
- Musical instruments
- Vinyl records
How long will you be storing your items?
If you will be storing your items between the months of November to April or for more than a year, your belongings will be exposed to seasonal winter cold. In this case, we recommend a heated storage solution to protect your belongings from freezing temperatures.
Four of our Montreal storage facilities offer heated storage units to protect your cold-sensitive items. Learn more about our heated storage options by visiting our temperature-controlled storage page.
Student Storage in Montreal
With McGill University, Concordia University, Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), and several CEGEPs all situated in the city, Montreal is home to well over 100,000 post-secondary students in any given year.
But when summer rolls around and class is out, students need somewhere to store their belongings – that’s where we can help. Public Storage provides the perfect student storage options to keep your belongings both safe and readily accessible over the summer months – like our popular 5’ x 5’ unit, perfect for storing the contents of a dorm room, including boxes, small appliances, electronics, and a twin mattress.
Learn more about how to safely store your academic belongings with our student dorm room storage guide.
Vehicle Storage Solutions in Montreal
When you’re looking to store your vehicle, we have the perfect Montreal car storage solution for you.
With our complete size range of drive-up access units, along with outdoor parking at four of our locations, Public Storage Montreal can secure your full-size vehicle, as well as smaller seasonal vehicles like trailers, motorcycles, snowmobiles, or ATVs until you’re ready to hit the road again next summer. Reserve your spot today!
Special Self-Storage Promotions in Montreal
Whether you’re storing your items for a month or many years, you deserve the best value for your self-storage solution. At Public Storage, we help you stretch your dollar over both the short and long-term with special promotions and prepay discounts that enable you get the most value from your storage solution.
Take a look at our amazing promotions, like paying just $1 for your first month’s rent, getting 50% off on your first 3 months, or one free month when you prepay for one year. Simply check out our current promotions for all the great deals happening right now.
Self Storage Safety
No matter how long you plan to store, your items deserve the utmost protection. Public Storage Montreal is fully equipped with modern security features like 24-hour surveillance, alarmed units, and gated access. You can rest easy, knowing that your valuable possessions are safe and in good hands around the clock.
- 24/hour electronic surveillance gives you peace of mind
- Use your exclusive PIN code to access the security gate
- Your storage unit alarm is active at all times when you are not accessing the unit
Get the perfect storage solution that you can rely on at our Montreal locations. Call toll-free or reserve online to get started!