Public Storage in Hamilton, ON
Self-Storage Solutions in Hamilton: Problem Solved
Home to one of the first Canadian Public Storage locations in 1979, Public Storage Hamilton continues to thrive as a reliable provider of self-storage solutions. Our facilities have a variety of first-rate amenities including drive-up access, 24-hour electronic surveillance and an assortment of packing supplies and boxes to help for an ideal storage experience.
Being situated near a developing residential core and industrial areas, along with gated-entry access year-round, Public Storage Hamilton makes it simple to store household, vehicle, business and school belongings. Whether you need a temporary rental or long-term space, you can choose from a range of unit sizes and amenities to suit your storage needs.
If you call Hamilton home or work in the city, learn more about the benefits of our Public Storage Hamilton facilities.
30 Burford Rd,
175 Hess St N,
Our Hamilton Self-Storage Facilities: Key Features
When you’re looking for a Hamilton-area residential or business storage solution near you, whether it’s for short-term or long-term, we’ve got you covered. If you live or work in the city and you want a reliable storage solution for your household, vehicle, or business, Public Storage Hamilton is here to meet all your storage needs. Our facilities come equipped with key amenities and provide you with professional self-storage expertise on site, affordable payment plans, and essential security features.
With plenty of larger-sized units to choose from, both our Hamilton facilities offer maximum capacity and ease of use for your next big move. Situated close to key transport corridors between Toronto and the U.S. border (Hwy 403/QEW), our locations are perfect for commercial storage. Surrounded by all the important amenities that a growing urban community has to offer, we’re a good choice for household storage, too.
Check out some of our key features:
- Heated storage solutions to help protect your belongings from seasonal elements
- Drive-up access and ground-level units for ease and convenience
- Outdoor parking available for vehicle storage
- Heavy-duty loading dock allows you to transfer items effortlessly from your truck or tractor-trailer
- Packing and moving supplies offering a full range of products for an efficient move
- Month-to-month contracts with various payment options for maximum flexibility
Self-Storage Cost in Hamilton
The cost of storage solutions is based on square footage, location and features. For example, a larger storage unit will cost more than a smaller unit and a unit situated on the outskirts of town is likely to cost less than in the downtown core. Special features like climate control and drive-up access also affect self-storage unit costs.
Our Public Storage units come in a variety of sizes to meet all of your storage needs. With regular monthly rates starting at $84 for small units, $154 for medium units, and $384 for large units, depending on where you rent in the city, there is an assortment of price points to suit your self-storage budget. Visit one of our Hamilton facilities to discover a storage solution that’s just right for you!
Which Storage Unit Size Do You Need?
The size of your storage unit depends on what you are storing and how much you have:
- 5’x5’ (25 sq feet) is about the size of a closet. Choose this storage size if you need to store small items like boxes, a small mattress, children’s toys, books or other small items.
- 5’x10’ (50 sq feet) is ideal for storing the contents of a small one-bedroom or studio apartment such as a sofa, mattress set, end tables and several boxes.
- 10’x’10’ (100 sq feet) gives you enough storage space for a one- or two-bedroom apartment, including many boxes, a large mattress, appliances, a dining room set and living room furniture.
- 10’x’15’ (150 sq feet) provides space for the furnishings from a two- or three-bedroom apartment, including many boxes, mattress sets, living room furniture, dining set, patio furniture, many boxes or a vehicle or small boat.
- 10’x20’ (200 sq feet) is ideal for storing the contents of a three- or four-bedroom apartment or house, including many boxes, bedroom furniture sets, appliances, home office, living room and dining room, or a car or small boat.
- 10’x25’ (250 sq feet) gives you enough storage space for the contents of a three or four-bedroom house with a family room or furnished basement, including bedroom furniture sets, living room and dining room, appliances, many boxes and/or a car or small boat.
- 10’x30’ (300 sq feet) is our largest storage unit size and offers you enough space for the contents of a four or five-bedroom house, including many boxes, multiple furniture sets, patio furniture, family room or furnished basement, all major home appliances, and a vehicle or small boat.
Not sure exactly how much storage you need? Use our handy storage calculator to figure out which unit size is best for you. Learn more about our unit sizes in the self-storage unit size guide.
Do You Need a Heated Facility?
Not sure whether you need heated units or climate-control for your stored items in Hamilton? Just answer these simple questions to find out:
Do you live in an area that experiences freezing temperatures?
Hamilton winters can be cold! Although they rarely dip to the same lows as Prairie provinces, the average winter temperatures in Hamilton, Ontario are still cold enough to cause damage to temperature-sensitive belongings. That’s why Public Storage Hamilton protects your precious goods with heated units specially designed to withstand harsh Canadian winters.
Are your belongings susceptible to cold temperatures?
If you are storing important goods like records, vintage items, artwork, electronics or more, you’ll want to protect your belongings from the elements – and that includes cold Hamilton winter temperatures. Take a look at this list of sensitive items:
- Antiques or vintage items, especially wood furniture
- Artwork and collectibles
- Furniture and goods made of leather, metal, wood, fabric, or upholstery
- Electronics and media (such as flat screen TVs, laptops and computers, CDs and DVDs)
- Musical instruments
- Vinyl records
How long will you be storing your items?
If you will be storing your items between the months of November to April or for more than a year, your belongings will be exposed to seasonal winter cold. In this case, we recommend a heated storage solution to protect your belongings from freezing temperatures.
Our Hamilton location at 175 Hess St N offers heated storage units to protect your cold-sensitive items. Learn more about our heated storage options by visiting our temperature-controlled storage page.
Student Storage in Hamilton
With McMaster University, Mohawk College, and Redeemer University all located in its municipality, Hamilton is a student city.
But when summer rolls around and class is out, students need somewhere to store their belongings – that’s where we can help. Public Storage provides the perfect student storage options to keep your belongings both safe and readily accessible over the summer months – like our popular 5’ x 5’ unit, perfect for storing the contents of a dorm room, including boxes, small appliances, electronics, and a twin mattress.
Learn more about how to safely store your academic belongings with our student dorm room storage guide.
Vehicle Storage Solutions in Hamilton
When you’re looking to store your vehicle, we have the perfect Hamilton car storage solution for you.
With our complete size range of drive-up access units, along with outdoor parking at our 30 Burford Rd location, Public Storage Hamilton can secure your full-size vehicle, as well as smaller seasonal vehicles like trailers, motorcycles, snowmobiles, or ATVs until you’re ready to hit the road again next summer. Reserve your spot today!
Special Self-Storage Promotions in Hamilton
Whether you’re storing your items for a month or many years, you deserve the best value for your self-storage solution. At Public Storage, we help you stretch your dollar over both the short and long-term with special promotions and prepay discounts that enable you get the most value from your storage solution.
Take a look at our amazing promotions, like paying just $1 for your first month’s rent, getting 50% off on your first 3 months, or one free month when you prepay for one year. Simply check out our current promotions for all the great deals happening right now.
Self Storage Safety
No matter how long you plan to store, your items deserve the utmost protection. Public Storage Hamilton is fully equipped with modern security features like 24-hour surveillance, alarmed units, and gated access. You can rest easy, knowing that your valuable possessions are safe and in good hands around the clock.
- 24/hour electronic surveillance gives you peace of mind
- Use your exclusive PIN code to access the security gate
- Your storage unit alarm is active at all times when you are not accessing the unit
Get the perfect storage solution that you can rely on at our Hamilton locations. Call toll-free or reserve online to get started! Still have questions about storage? Check out our handy FAQ page for more info!