Public Storage in New Westminster, BC
Self-Storage Solutions in New Westminster: Problem solved
Known as the oldest city in Western Canada, New Westminster is home to lavish outdoor spaces, trendy restaurants and vibrant shops. As businesses and the residential population continue to grow, Public Storage New Westminster strives to meet the ongoing storage demand with sensible custom-tailored storage solutions.
Our facilities are in the Greater Vancouver region and close to major commercial, industrial areas and postsecondary institutions for convenience and accessibility 365 days a year. We offer advanced amenities like 24-hour electronic surveillance, individually alarmed units, and gated facility access with PIN code, along with a range of packing supplies and much more! Learn more about what Public Storage New Westminster can do for your storage needs.
Our New Westminster Self-Storage Facilities: Key Features
When you’re looking for a New Westminster residential or business storage solution near you, whether it’s for short-term or long-term, we’ve got you covered. If you live or work in the city and you want a reliable storage solution for your household, vehicle, or business, Public Storage New Westminster is here to meet all your storage needs. Our facilities come equipped with key amenities and provide you with professional self-storage expertise on site, affordable payment plans, and essential security features.
Convenience is the key to a top-notch storage experience. Our facilities are centrally located in the heart of the Greater Vancouver Region, close to Hwy 1A and Trans-Canada Highway (Hwy 1), and perimeter roads. With this level of accessibility, we serve an expanding host of urban communities and commercial centres on the Lower Mainland, including South Burnaby, East Coquitlam and the Queensborough area of New Westminster.
Check out some of our key features:
- Heated storage solutions to help protect your belongings from seasonal elements
- Drive-up access and ground-level units for ease and convenience
- Outdoor parking available for vehicle storage
- Packing and moving supplies offering a full range of products for an efficient move
- Daily access to storage year-round, including holidays and after-hours
- Month-to-month contracts with various payment options for maximum flexibility
Self-Storage Cost in New Westminster
The cost of storage solutions is based on square footage, location and features. For example, a larger storage unit will cost more than a smaller unit and a unit situated on the outskirts of town is likely to cost less than in the downtown core. Special features like climate control and drive-up access also affect self-storage unit costs.
Our Public Storage units come in a variety of sizes to meet all of your storage needs. With regular monthly rates starting at $139 for small units, $214 for medium units, and $584 for large units, depending on where you rent in the city, there is an assortment of price points to suit your self-storage budget. Visit one of our New Westminster facilities to discover a storage solution that’s just right for you!
Which Storage Unit Size Do You Need?
The size of your storage unit depends on what you are storing and how much you have:
- 5’x5’ (25 sq feet) is about the size of a closet. Choose this storage size if you need to store small items like boxes, a small mattress, children’s toys, books or other small items.
- 5’x10’ (50 sq feet) is ideal for storing the contents of a small one-bedroom or studio apartment such as a sofa, mattress set, end tables and several boxes.
- 10’x’10’ (100 sq feet) gives you enough storage space for a one- or two-bedroom apartment, including many boxes, a large mattress, appliances, a dining room set and living room furniture.
- 10’x’15’ (150 sq feet) provides space for the furnishings from a two- or three-bedroom apartment, including many boxes, mattress sets, living room furniture, dining set, patio furniture, many boxes or a vehicle or small boat.
- 10’x20’ (200 sq feet) is ideal for storing the contents of a three- or four-bedroom apartment or house, including many boxes, bedroom furniture sets, appliances, home office, living room and dining room, or a car or small boat.
- 10’x25’ (250 sq feet) gives you enough storage space for the contents of a three or four-bedroom house with a family room or furnished basement, including bedroom furniture sets, living room and dining room, appliances, many boxes and/or a car or small boat.
- 10’x30’ (300 sq feet) is our largest storage unit size and offers you enough space for the contents of a four or five-bedroom house, including many boxes, multiple furniture sets, patio furniture, family room or furnished basement, all major home appliances, and a vehicle or small boat.
Do You Need a Heated Facility?
Not sure whether you need heated units or climate-control for your stored items in New Westminster? Just answer these simple questions to find out:
Do you live in an area that experiences freezing temperatures?
Winters in New Westminster can be extremely cold – certainly cold enough to potentially cause damage to temperature-sensitive belongings. That’s why Public Storage New Westminster protects your precious goods with heated units specially designed to withstand harsh Canadian winters.
Are your belongings susceptible to cold temperatures?
If you are storing important goods like records, vintage items, artwork, electronics or more, you’ll want to protect your belongings from the elements – and that includes cold New West winter temperatures. Take a look at this list of sensitive items:
- Antiques or vintage items, especially wood furniture
- Artwork and collectibles
- Furniture and goods made of leather, metal, wood, fabric, or upholstery
- Electronics and media (such as flat screen TVs, laptops and computers, CDs and DVDs)
- Musical instruments
- Vinyl records
How long will you be storing your items?
If you will be storing your items between the months of November to April or for more than a year, your belongings will be exposed to seasonal winter cold. In this case, we recommend a heated storage solution to protect your belongings from freezing temperatures.
Our New Westminster location at 94 Braid St offers heated storage units to protect your cold-sensitive items. Learn more about our heated storage options by visiting our temperature-controlled storage page.
Student Storage in New Westminster
Being situated near Simon Fraser University, New Westminster can definitely be called a student city.
But when summer rolls around and class is out, students need somewhere to store their belongings – that’s where we can help. Public Storage provides the perfect student storage options to keep your belongings both safe and readily accessible over the summer months – like our popular 5’ x 5’ unit, perfect for storing the contents of a dorm room, including boxes, small appliances, electronics, and a twin mattress.
Learn more about how to safely store your academic belongings with our student dorm room storage guide.
Vehicle Storage Solutions in New Westminster
When you’re looking to store your vehicle, we have the perfect New Westminster car storage solution for you.
With our complete size range of drive-up access units, along with outdoor parking at our 94 Braid St location, Public Storage New Westminster can secure your full-size vehicle, as well as smaller seasonal vehicles like trailers, motorcycles, snowmobiles, or ATVs until you’re ready to hit the road again next summer. Reserve your spot today!
Special Self-Storage Promotions in New Westminster
Whether you’re storing your items for a month or many years, you deserve the best value for your self-storage solution. At Public Storage, we help you stretch your dollar over both the short and long-term with special promotions and prepay discounts that enable you get the most value from your storage solution.
Take a look at our amazing promotions, like paying just $1 for your first month’s rent, getting 50% off on your first 3 months, or one free month when you prepay for one year. Simply check out our current promotions for all the great deals happening right now.
Self Storage Safety
No matter how long you plan to store, your items deserve the utmost protection. Public Storage New Westminster is fully equipped with modern security features like 24-hour surveillance, alarmed units, and gated access. You can rest easy, knowing that your valuable possessions are safe and in good hands around the clock.
- 24/hour electronic surveillance gives you peace of mind
- Use your exclusive PIN code to access the security gate
- Our facilities are equipped with site-wide sprinkler and alarm systems
Get the perfect storage solution that you can rely on at our New Westminster locations. Call toll-free or reserve online to get started! Still have questions about storage? Check out our handy FAQ page for more info!