Public Storage in Ottawa, ON
Self-Storage Solutions in Ottawa: Problem Solved
Looking for storage central to Canada’s capital region with quick access? Do you have delivery or drop-off times that you need to accommodate? You’re in luck! – Public Storage Ottawa has got you covered!
Located close to downtown Ottawa, our facility in Orléans has a wide range of storage unit sizes and amenities to meet your residential, small business, student or vehicle storage requirements. In taking advantage of our heated units, you’ll be able to store temperature-sensitive goods safely and conveniently, along with seasonal items like a motorcycle, boat or RV.
If you call Ottawa home, and you want a storage solution for your household goods, vehicle or business materials, discover what our Ottawa facility can offer you.
3545 St Joseph Blvd,
Our Ottawa Self-Storage Facility: Key Features
Whether you’re looking for a little bit of storage or a lot, Public Storage Ottawa has all the important on-site features to keep your items safe and secure. This location provides you with top-notch self-storage expertise, industry-leading surveillance, and flexible payment plans you can afford.
For high accessibility, Public Storage Ottawa is closely situated near Queensway (Highway 174) just minutes away from the Trans-Canada Highway, and an easy drive to the capital’s downtown region. This facility is sited in an industrial/commercial area for business storage, and in close proximity to populous residential neighbourhoods for handy household storage, making it the ideal choice for all your storage needs.
Our key features include:
- Drive-up access and ground-level units for ease and convenience
- Packing and moving supplies offering a complete range of products and specialty items
- Outdoor parking available for storing passenger vehicles, trailers, RVs and commercial vehicles
- Daily access to storage year-round, including holidays and after-hours
- Month-to-month contracts with multiple payment options
- Individually alarmed units for extra security around the clock
Self-Storage Cost in Ottawa
The cost of storage solutions is based on square footage, location and features. For example, a larger storage unit will cost more than a smaller one, while a unit on the outskirts of town is likely to cost less than in the downtown core. Additional features like heated storage and drive-up access can also affect self-storage costs.
Storage units at Public Storage Ottawa come in a variety of sizes to accommodate your storage needs. With small units starting at $82, medium units from $192 and large units starting $364, we have an assortment of price points to suit your self-storage budget. Visit our Ottawa facility to discover a storage solution that’s just right for you!
Do You Need a Heated Facility?
Not sure whether you need heated units or climate-control for your stored items in Ottawa? Just answer these simple questions to find out:
Do you live in an area that experiences freezing temperatures?
As an Ottawa resident, you know how chilly local winters can get, and frozen temperatures mean potential damage to temperature-sensitive items. To reduce this risk, our Ottawa facility is equipped with heated storage units which can help to safeguard your belongings for the winter duration. Examples of delicate items that might need extra protection from weather conditions include:
- Antiques or vintage items, especially wood furniture
- Artwork and collectables
- Electronics and digital media (such as flat-screen TV’s, laptops and computers, CDs and DVDs)
- Musical instruments
- Vinyl records
How long will you be storing your items?
If you will be storing your items between November to April, or for longer than one year, your belongings will be exposed to seasonal winter cold. In this case, we recommend a heated storage solution to protect your goods from freezing winter temperatures.
Our facility at 3545 Joseph Boulevard offers heated storage units to protect your cold-sensitive items. To learn more about our heated storage options, visit our temperature-controlled storage page. Reserve your spot today!
Which Storage Unit Size Do You Need?
The size of your storage unit depends on what you are storing and how much you have:
- 5’x5’ (25 sq feet) is about the size of a closet. Choose this storage size if you need to store small items like boxes, a small mattress, children’s toys, books or other small items.
- 5’x10’ (50 sq feet) is ideal for storing the contents of a small one-bedroom or studio apartment such as a sofa, mattress set, end tables and several boxes.
- 10’x’10’ (100 sq feet) gives you enough storage space for a one- or two-bedroom apartment, including many boxes, a large mattress, appliances, a dining room set and living room furniture.
- 10’x’15’ (150 sq feet) provides space for the furnishings from a two- or three-bedroom apartment, including many boxes, mattress sets, living room furniture, dining set, patio furniture, many boxes or a vehicle or small boat.
- 10’x20’ (200 sq feet) is ideal for storing the contents of a three- or four-bedroom apartment or house, including many boxes, bedroom furniture sets, appliances, home office, living room and dining room, or a car or small boat.
- 10’x25’ (250 sq feet) gives you enough storage space for the contents of a three or four-bedroom house with a family room or furnished basement, including bedroom furniture sets, living room and dining room, appliances, many boxes and/or a car or small boat.
- 10’x30’ (300 sq feet) is our largest storage unit size and offers you enough space for the contents of a four or five-bedroom house, including many boxes, multiple furniture sets, patio furniture, family room, or furnished basement, all major home appliances, and a vehicle or small boat.
Not sure exactly how much storage you need? Use our handy storage calculator to figure out which unit size is best for you. Learn more about our unit sizes in the self-storage unit size guide.
Student Storage in Ottawa
As the city that hosts Carleton University, the University of Ottawa, and Algonquin College, Ottawa is a prime destination for students across the province and country.
When final exams are over, you’ll probably be looking for a place to store your school-related items – that’s where we can help. Public Storage provides the ideal storage solution to help keep your goods secure, while still readily accessible over the summer months. One of the most popular storage sizes is the 5’x5’ unit, perfect for storing the contents of a dorm room, including boxes, small appliances, electronics and a twin mattress.
To learn more about how to safely store your student belongings, check out the student dorm room storage guide.
Vehicle Storage Solutions in Ottawa
Are you looking for an appropriate location to store your vehicle in Ottawa? Whether you own a passenger car, commercial vehicle, or RV, we have the perfect storage solution for you. With our complete size range of drive-up access units and outdoor parking, Public Storage Ottawa can secure your full-size vehicle, as well as smaller seasonal vehicles like trailers, motorcycles, snowmobiles, or ATVs until you’re ready to hit the road again next summer. Reserve your spot today!
No matter your contents or the length of the time you’ll be renting storage, your belongings deserve the utmost protection, which is why our Ottawa storage facility automatically includes important security features like 24-hour surveillance and individually-alarmed storage units. You can rest easy, knowing that your valuable possessions are safe, secure and in good hands round the clock:
- 24/7 electronic video surveillance gives you peace of mind
- Use your PIN code to visit the facility at your convenience during security-gate access hours
- Your storage unit alarm is active at all times when you are not accessing it
Get the perfect storage solution that you can rely on at our Ottawa location. Call toll-free or reserve online to get started! Still have questions about storage? Check out our handy FAQ page for more info!