Public Storage in Kitchener, ON
Self-Storage Solutions in Kitchener: Problem Solved
Do you want a versatile, go-to storage solution in Kitchener-Waterloo that comfortably meshes with your lifestyle? How about storage access 7 days a week with heating in the winter? At Public Storage Kitchener, you’ll find the perfect solution tailored to suit your needs! Our range of storage units and facility amenities are just the right fit for small businesses, students, vehicles, and all kinds of residential storage, including temperature-sensitive or seasonal items.
Centrally located in the metropolitan region of Waterloo just west of Toronto, our modern Kitchener facility offers all the features you look for in storage. On site, you can rely on 24/7 security, PIN code gate access, and a vast retail collection of specialty packing supplies to keep your goods safe and sound all year round.
If you call Kitchener, Waterloo or Cambridge home and need to store your household, personal belongings, car, or business material, read on to discover more about what our Kitchener facility offers you…
Our Kitchener Facility: Key Features
Whether you need a little bit of storage or a lot, Public Storage Kitchener has every amenity to keep your items safe and secure. The demand for storage in Kitchener-Waterloo has been so overwhelming, that in 2019 we expanded our facility by adding over 90 new storage units to serve you better!
Conveniently located minutes from Highway 7 and Conestoga Parkway, our Kitchener facility is centrally accessible to both downtown Kitchener and Waterloo. Plus, our facility offers close proximity to Kitchener’s important commercial centres, making it ideal for business storage.
Take a look at some of our key features:
- Heated storage solutions protect your goods from seasonal elements
- Heavy-duty loading dock allow you to transfer items effortlessly from your truck or tractor-trailer
- Moving is made easy with our selection of packing and moving supplies, featuring our complete range of specialty products
- Our vehicle-friendly facility accommodates cars, trucks, RVs, and more
- Convenient proximity for residents of nearby Waterloo and Cambridge
- Daily access to storage including holidays
- Month-to-month contracts with no long-term agreements required
Self-Storage Cost in Kitchener
The cost of your storage solution is based on storage unit square footage, location, and features. For example, a larger storage unit will cost more than a smaller one. A unit situated at a facility on the outskirts of town is likely to cost less than in the downtown core. Special features like climate control and drive-up access also affect self-storage unit cost.
With small, medium, large and even parking units available, we have an assortment of price points to serve all varieties of self-storage needs and budgets – come visit our Kitchener facility for yourself and have a look!
Do You Need a Heated Facility?
Not sure whether you need heated units or climate-control for your stored items in Kitchener? Just answer these simple questions to find out:
Do you live in an area that experiences freezing temperatures?
Kitchener winters can be cold! Although they rarely dip to the same lows as Northern, Eastern and Prairie provinces, the average winter temperatures in Kitchener, Ontario are still cold enough to cause damage to temperature-sensitive belongings. That’s why Public Storage Kitchener protects your precious goods with heated units specially designed to withstand harsh Canadian winters.
Are your belongings susceptible to cold temperatures?
If you are storing important goods like records, vintage items, artwork, electronics or more, you’ll want to protect your belongings from the elements – and that includes cold Kitchener winter temperatures. Take a look at this list of sensitive items:
- Antiques or vintage items, especially wood furniture
- Artwork and collectibles
- Furniture and goods made of leather, metal, wood, fabric, or upholstery
- Electronics and media (such as flat screen TVs, laptops and computers, CDs and DVDs)
- Musical instruments
- Vinyl records
How long will you be storing your items?
If you will be storing your items between the months of November to April or for more than a year, your belongings will be exposed to seasonal winter cold. In this case, we recommend a heated storage solution to protect your belongings from freezing temperatures.
Our facility at 409 Weber Street West offers heated storage units, to protect your cold-sensitive items. Learn more about our heated storage options by visiting our temperature-controlled storage page.
Which Storage Unit Size Do You Need?
The size of your storage facility depends on what you are storing, as well as how much you have:
- 5’x5’ (25 sq ft) is about the size of a closet. Choose this storage size if you need to store small items like, boxes, a small mattress, children’s toys, books, or other items like small appliances.
- 5’x10’ (50 sq ft) is ideal for storing the contents of a small one bedroom or studio apartment, such as a sofa, mattress set, end tables, and a number of boxes.
- 10’x10′ (100 sq ft) gives you enough storage space for a one or two bedroom apartment, including many boxes, a large mattress, appliances, a dining room set, and living room furniture.
- 10’x20’ (200 sq ft) is ideal for storing the contents of a three or four bedroom apartment or house, including many boxes, bedroom furniture sets, appliances, home office, living room and dining room or a car or small boat.
- 10’x25′ (250 sq ft) gives you enough storage space for the contents of a three or four bedroom house, including bedroom furniture sets, living room and dining room, patio furniture, appliances, many boxes, and a car or small boat.
- 10’x30’ (300 sq ft) is our largest storage unit size, and offers you enough space for the contents of a four or five bedroom house, including many boxes, multiple bedroom furniture sets, patio furniture, family room, all major home appliances, or a large car or small boat.
Student Storage in Kitchener
With Conestoga College, The University of Waterloo, and Wilfrid Laurier University all nearby, Kitchener is truly a student’s city.
But when summer rolls around and class is out, students need somewhere to store their belongings – that’s where we can help. Public Storage provides the perfect student storage options to keep your belongings both safe and readily accessible over the summer months – like our popular 5’ x 5’ unit, perfect for storing the contents of a dorm room, including boxes, small appliances, electronics, and a twin mattress.
Learn more about how to safely store your academic belongings with our student dorm room storage guide.
Car Storage Solutions in Kitchener
When you need to store your vehicle, we have the perfect car storage solution for you. Whether it’s just for a month, seasonally, or indefinitely, our vehicle storage units in Kitchener will keep your car in top shape, until you’re ready to take it on the road again.
With parking sizes ranging from 10’ x 20’ to 16’ x 55’, our Kitchener facility is equipped with parking storage units to fit vehicles of all shapes and sizes, including your trailer, RV, or commercial truck. Reserve yours today!
No matter your contents or the length of time you’ll be renting storage, your belongings deserve the utmost protection, which is why our Kitchener storage facility comes equipped with industry-leading features, like 24-hour surveillance and alarms. You can rest easy, knowing that your valuable possessions are safe, secure, and in good hands round the clock:
- 24-hour electronic surveillance gives you peace of mind
- Use your exclusive PIN code to access the security gate
- Your storage unit alarm is active whenever you are not accessing the unit
Get a perfect storage solution that you can rely on at our Kitchener location. Call toll-free or reserve online to get started!