Home Office Self-Storage: Solutions For Your Growing Business
If you’re an entrepreneur, small business owner, or remote worker, there’s a good chance your office is located in a place you know very well – your home. For many people who own small businesses or work remotely, their home doubles as their office. While this can provide the benefits of cost and convenience, it can also come with a few unique issues. Think of furniture overflowing with documents and closets filled with unnecessary inventory. As your small business or home office grows, so does the amount of records, inventory stock, and supplies you need. And that means you’ll require more space to store everything.
At Public Storage, we provide high-quality business storage solutions for your growing home office or out-of-home business venture. With locations conveniently located in urban centres across Canada, we have the right storage solutions to suit your small business. Read on to learn more about our business storage solutions:
Our Business Storage Solutions: Key Features
Perhaps you need a little bit of extra space for your out-of-home business. Or maybe it’s lots of storage space for your growing small business. Either way, Public Storage has the perfect business storage solution for you. With an array of amenities and storage unit sizes to choose from at top-rated facilities all across Canada, Public Storage is your one-stop-shop for all things business storage.
Just take a look at some of our key features:
- Trusted expertise from self-storage professionals, with over 40 years of experience
- Temperature-controlled storage solutions to protect your important business documents and inventory
- Round-the-clock safety and security to protect your valuable business merchandise, including 24/7 electronic surveillance
- Over 60 locations across Canada conveniently located in residential, business and industrial centres
- Competitive rates featuring a variety of price points to fit your unique needs and budget
- The convenience and flexibility of our month-to-month leases means you’re not tied down, giving you the flexibility you need to grow at the pace of your business
Do You Need Storage for Your Home Office?
Not sure whether you should use a business storage unit for your home office or entrepreneurial endeavour? Just answer a few simple questions to find out:
- Is your home office filled with merchandise and inventory?
- Is your workspace overflowing with paperwork, documents, and marketing materials?
- Are you finding yourself unable to meet clients or go out on other business because you’re stuck at home waiting for a business package to arrive?
- Are you using valuable closet space to store deliveries or surplus stock?
- Is keeping track of inventory difficult or time-consuming? Are you struggling to fullfil customer orders on time?
- Do your workdays often go above and beyond the typical 9 to 5?
- Are the fast-paced dynamics of your home business making it hard to commit to long-term contracts or leases?
- Are you looking for more flexibility than what the typical lease on commercial space can offer you?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, your home-based or small business is a prime candidate for a business-storage solution with Public Storage Canada.
Self-Storage Cost: Why the Right Storage Solution Can Help You Save
Did you know that a business storage solution could help save you money in the long run? It’s true! Office space is expensive, and it’s often underutilized. Using your precious office space to store files, extra merchandise and inventory, large or cumbersome machinery and electronics, or under-used furniture is a waste of space and money. Instead, you can downsize your office and transfer these items to a nearby self-storage unit, drastically reducing your net monthly rental fees. This keeps these items close at hand while putting money back in your pocket. Rather than spending a great deal more of your hard-earned dollars on commercial office space, or renting a room in a shared work location, our business storage solutions give you all the benefits and flexibility of a larger place of business – without the exorbitant extra costs.
With Public Storage, you’ll only pay for what you need – why pay sky-high rental fees for all that extra office space you may not even need to use? With small, medium, and large storage units, and even parking units available, we have an assortment of price points to serve all varieties of self-storage needs and budgets, at a fraction of the cost of renting commercial space for your small business.
Save your hard-earned money with business storage solutions from Public Storage, so that you can focus on what matters most – growing your business. Plus, you can save even more with our amazing promotions, including paying just $1 for your first month’s rent, or getting 50% off on your first 3 months! Check out our current promotions for all the great deals happening right now. With over 60 facilities across Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and British Columbia, find a Public Storage facility near your home business today to see how you can start saving.
Which Storage Size Should You Choose For Your Home Office?
The optimal size for your storage unit depends on the specific needs of your home office or small business. At Public Storage, we can tailor the perfect business storage solution to fit your unique situation.
For example, do you have a large number of business documents or records that you need to archive? Would you benefit from relocating equipment, tools, or supplies that you’re not using on a daily basis? Do you have merchandise or inventory you want to keep in storage until it is ready to sell or be shipped? No matter your business storage needs, we have a solution ready for you!
Here are just a few of our unit sizes perfect for your small business:
5’x5’ (25 sq ft)
- About the size of a closet.
- This unit can store up to 100 storage bins or boxes (60L) of small inventories or documents.
- Choose this storage size if you need to store files, financial records, boxes, a small amount of inventory, print marketing, supplies, or other smaller items.
- This storage size is ideal for small businesses, start-ups, and self-employed or independent professionals and freelancers, such as accountants.
10’x10′ (100 sq ft)
- Gives you enough storage space to store away larger inventory, surplus stock, and non-essential documents.
- This unit can store up to 100 storage bins (60L) and 100 large boxes (18”L x 18”W x 24”H).
- Choose this storage size if you have a small business with retail merchandise to store, or a home office with extra documents, equipment or furniture.
- With this storage size, you can get files, inventory, overstock, and other surplus out of your home and out of the way
10’x15’ (150 sq ft)
- About the size of a garage, providing you plenty of space to hold mechanical or electronic equipment.
- Choose this storage space if you need to store large and cumbersome machinery or tools, parts, or other items.
- This unit size is also perfect for seasonal transition, so that you can free up room by storing unneeded seasonal inventory, equipment, displays, and surplus supplies.
See our full offering of storage unit sizes on our self-storage unit size guide.
Not sure exactly how much storage you need? Use our storage calculator to figure out which unit size is best for your home office or small business.
Take Back Your Home Workspace
If your home is your office, things can sometimes get messy. Just because your small business operates out-of-home, doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to have a clean, organized office space.
Don’t let the clutter of excess inventory or supplies hinder your productivity or sales. With a specialized storage unit from Public Storage, you can rest assured that your merchandise and inventory is no longer taking over your home office and clogging up your valuable workspace. Instead, your business surplus will be safe and secure offsite, giving you more room to work efficiently in an organized environment, free from the distractions of clutter.
With Public Storage, you can take back your home workspace, while saving money and growing your business.
Focus on Your Business With Public Storage
As an entrepreneur or small business owner, you can’t afford to sit around waiting for your next delivery. Let’s face it, the prospect of your valuable deliveries just sitting on the porch, unprotected, is not an option.
With Public Storage, you don’t have to choose between making that client meeting or staying home to sign for that all -important delivery. As many of our locations offer delivery acceptance, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that we can accept deliveries on your behalf. As a result, you’ll get back the time and freedom to attend meetings, capture new sales leads, and grow your business.
To get started, call or visit a Public Storage location near you to discuss your business needs with the property manager. This will help you explore delivery acceptance, along with other options, that may be available as part of your business storage solution.
Safety and Peace of Mind
At Public Storage, we understand that when it comes to your small business or home office, safety and security is of utmost importance. Realistically, you can’t afford to leave your valuable business documents, inventory and merchandise unprotected. That’s why our storage facilities are equipped with premium safety and security features to give you peace of mind when you need it most.
No matter the contents of your unit or the length of time you will be using it, your belongings deserve the utmost protection. That’s why our business storage facilities include 24-hour surveillance, so that you can rest easy knowing your valuable possessions are safe, secure, and in good hands:
- 24/hour electronic video surveillance gives you peace of mind
- PIN code access provides unique to your account and your unit. This delivers an extra layer of security for your documents, inventory, furniture and merchandise
- Alarm systems and sprinkler systems throughout the site
- Electronic gated access secures the premises, with personalized access codes for you and only those you authorize
Find the perfect storage unit at any one of our locations across Canada. Reserve online or call 1-877-777-8672 to get started and see how Public Storage can help advance your small business to the next level!