Why Temperature-Controlled Storage Might Be Right for You
Did you know you can do permanent damage to a plasma TV by subjecting it to extreme temperatures? Like many modern electronic items, they contain sophisticated components which are sensitive to environmental conditions like heat and moisture. This means that using storage which maintains a safe temperature range throughout the year is the ultimate protection.
Keep your fragile valuables with the self-storage provider that Canadians continue to trust after over 38 years in the business.
- Temperature-controlled self-storage with heating and ventilation at most locations
- Climate control with humidity regulation at 2 purpose-built facilities – Airdrie (Calgary Metropolitan Region) and Mississauga (Greater Toronto Area)
- Competitive rates & amazing promos: Your first month’s rent is just $1
- 58 convenient locations across Canada, including one near you
- Security control and monitoring
- 8 different unit sizes or more to choose from at each facility
- Flexible month-to-month leases
Do You Need a Temperature Controlled Self-Storage Unit?
While it may not be necessary, this type of storage might be beneficial in the long run, depending on what you want to store. Most items you own have an ideal range of temperatures you can keep them in. Many manufactured goods are designed to be kept in an optimal range, similar to the one in which we live. Some common examples include:
- Guitar (optimal temperature: not to exceed 24 °C)
- Piano (optimal temperature: around 21-22° C)
- Artwork (optimal temperature: 21-24 °C)
- Items powered by a lithium battery, like laptops, tablets, etc. (optimal temperature: 0° to 35° C)
Additionally, even though there’s no set temperature, personal items like medicines, cosmetics, and hair products should be prevented from being exposed to extreme heat and cold. This is especially true if you’re only planning on storing them for the short term and intend to use them again.
In some cases, temperature-controlled storage is something to consider for furniture, as well. If you have something made from leather or wood, you’re going to run the risk of cracking or warping over time if you choose “just any” storage. Quality furniture sets are expensive, so protect your investment.
Get a Free Quote and Start Saving
Our units are first-come-first serve, and temperature-controlled units are in high-demand. Get a quick quote for free and book yours today, to start taking advantage of great deals like paying only $1 for your first month, with no locked-in contract or commitments required!
We’ve been helping Canadians for over 38 years. We bring the professional experience you look for in a self-storage provider, along with a full range of flexible options that are just right for you!