If you want to experience a challenging and rewarding opportunity, then joining the nation’s leading self-storage company is the right choice to make. With over 63 properties and over 40 years of continued growth and success, there has never been a better time to join a team where you can learn, grow and have fun at the same time. Public Storage Canada will offer you a stable career in a challenging and exciting environment working independently.
Public Storage was founded in 1972 and was introduced to Canada in 1979 and we’ve never looked back. With over 63 properties and counting, we are the leaders in self-storage, and if anybody asks, “Yes! You can move in for $1!” We invented this promotion!
We operate on three company principles:
Mission: To work together and be the business of choice for our customers, employees and shareholders.
Vision: To be Canada’s leader in self-storage
Purpose: To build a first class, meaningful and long-term relationship with every customer.
We’re looking to hire Property Assistants who enjoy working in a challenging environment to oversee all aspects of a self-storage facility. We promise:
- Competitive hourly rate with annual merit increases
- Full Benefits Program and Incentive Plans.
- No late evening shifts
Location and Hours of Operation
Public Storage Canada operates its facilities in major urban centers in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec. Most of our locations are conveniently located close to major highways and city intersections and parking is always free. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 9:30am-6:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 9:30AM-5:00PM.
- Outgoing, customer oriented professional
- Willing and able to perform cleaning duties and work outdoors
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- A good communicator with some computer skills
- Reliable transportation and flexible to work at multiple locations
- Open availability throughout the week.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Performs lock checks and general property inspections at least twice each day
- Cleans and/or dusts doors, floors, walls, hallways, common surface areas, drive paths, loading bays, and tenant washrooms. Cleans spaces as vacated. Remove small garbage items left throughout property grounds (interior/exterior), snow removal from walkways as needed
- Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures all safety equipment and checklists are properly maintained for each shift, fire sprinkler checks, draining drip drums, safety checklists, etc.
- Always provides outstanding customer service
- Greet customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Understands and is knowledgeable about Public Storage products and services and communicates them effectively to customers to address their needs
- Listens and responds to phone inquiries from new customers inquiring about storage or existing customer concerns or challenges, follows up on website reservations by reaching out to the customer via phone or email. All of this is done while maintaining courtesy and professionalism with every interaction
- Sells merchandise and insurance, seeks customer online reviews and participates in other corporate marketing programs
- Assists the Property Manager in reaching the facilities individual merchandise, occupancy and delinquency goals and promotes Public Storage best practices
- Controls delinquencies through regular phone contact, notifications, including email and letters
- Maintains manual and operations logs for petty cash, postage, merchandise counts, reservations, NSF cheques, etc. and completes daily bank deposits and filing as needed
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Salary
- 30 Days of Training
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- Full Benefit Plan after 3 Months
- Employer / Employee Sponsored Group Retirement
- Saving Program
- Employee Discounts
- Yearly Merit Increases
- Christmas Bonus up to $100
- Thanksgiving Day Gift
- Company Sponsored Summer Event
- Company Sponsored Christmas Party
Click “Next” to access our online application form.