Important Message Regarding COVID-19
We have been closely monitoring the rapidly changing situation around COVID-19, reacting to new information as it arises and preparing for all possible scenarios. We are doing everything possible to support our stakeholders and keep them safe. Operating for over 40 years in Canada, the well-being of our property staff and customers has always been our top priority.
Going forward until further notice, we will operate under operational guidelines based on the mandates that have been passed down by our governments and recommendations from health officials.
Guidelines for All Properties
We are open for business, in order to provide our many essential customers with continued storage solutions, access to packing materials. We will be operating with the following strict operational guidelines at all properties until further notice.
Our staff have increased the frequency of cleanings daily, especially in high traffic areas, on a priority basis. We continue to communicate best practices coming from authoritative sources on how to manage COVID-19. In addition:
- All customers entering the retail office are required to wear a mask. If a customer does not have one, it will be offered to the customer from the supply of masks currently on hand. Customers are not required to wear a mask elsewhere on the property.
- When entering the property offices, all visitors must stop immediately inside the office door. Stop signs should be present indicating where to stop. Customers will be acknowledged and instructed when it is safe to proceed. This is largely to assist is managing social distancing.
- A limited number of persons (other than employees) are permitted in the property office at one time. The number permitted is based on the physical size and make up of the office. The capacity limit will be posted at each facility.
- All persons attending the rental office must interact behind the installed sneeze-guards for all transactions.
- All customers will be restricted to 2 hours on site at a time. Loitering or conducting business from spaces will not be permitted and this will be strictly enforced.
- Gates and access points to storage lockers limited to 5 am to 10 pm, seven days per week. In some properties, access times and days may be less.
- All persons on the premises must maintain social distancing of 2 meters (6.5 feet) at all times.
- Credit card or debit card payments may be taken at some properties. For greater convenience and protection, payments may also be made online or by phone. No cash will be accepted at this time.
- No exchanges or refunds on merchandise will be accepted at this time.
- Anyone with visible signs of illness, or symptoms consistent with the Covid-19 virus, will be refused service and asked to leave the premises.
- Public Storage reserves the right to refuse entry to the facility or office at any time, and further reserves the right to remove any person from the property that fails to observe the above guidelines.
Customers with any concerns about their accounts or general questions can speak with a representative by contacting the property directly, or through our National Call Center at 1-877-777-8672. Public Storage takes great pride in promoting a safe working environment for its staff and valued customers. We thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and co-operation during this time.
On behalf of Public Storage,
Troy McLellan, President and CEO