Important Message Regarding COVID-19
We are closely monitoring the rapidly changing situation around COVID-19 and reacting to new information as it arises to ready our operations and personnel for all possible scenarios.
In reviewing details of the most up to date provincial guidelines, Public Storage will align operational protocols as much as possible to the region, while continuing to provide our customers with continued access to storage solutions. We are doing what is necessary to support all our stakeholders and keep them safe. Operating for over 40 years in Canada, the well-being of our property staff and customers has always been a top priority.
Guidelines for All Canadian Locations
Our staff have increased the frequency of cleanings daily, especially in high traffic areas, on a priority basis. We continue to communicate best practices coming from authoritative sources on how to manage COVID-19. In addition, the following guidelines will be adhered to:
- Prior to entering our rental offices, you must adhere to the following:
- Have not tested positive for Covid 19 in the last 14 days.
- Have not had symptoms that may be consistent with Covid-19.
- Have not been in proximity with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
If you cannot adhere to any one of the above, you will be refused entry to the property. Anyone with visible signs of illness, or symptoms consistent with the Covid-19 virus, will be refused service and asked to remove themselves from the premises.
- A maximum of 2 customers are permitted in the retail office at any time. Note that if the office is not able to accommodate 2 persons while maintaining 6 feet distance, the maximum will be one (1) person.
- To reduce wait times and to ensure we are not turning customers away, managers will attempt to schedule move-in appointments in advance when possible.
- Masks must be worn by all persons over the age of two (2), within all indoor areas of all properties without exception. Anyone, refusing to wear a mask inside our properties, for any reason, will not be permitted entry.
- All persons must interact with our staff behind sneeze-guards inside all property offices.
- All persons on premises must maintain social distancing of 2 meters (6 feet) and abide by all markings for safe distancing where indicated.
- Manager has the right to enforce limits on the number of people allowed on the premises at one time per each rented space.
- Credit card or debit card payments shall be accepted. For greater convenience and protection, payments may also be made online. Cash is strongly discouraged and may be accepted only if all other means of payment are unavailable.
- Gates and access points to storage lockers is limited from 5 am to 10 pm for most properties. If normal access hours of a property are less than these times, the shorter timeframe of the two will prevail.
- Public Storage reserves the right to refuse entry to the facility or office at any time, and further reserves the right to remove any person from the property that fails to observe the above guidelines.
Additional Guidelines for Ontario and Quebec Locations
In addition to the above, the following additional guidelines will be in place for properties located in the province of Ontario and Quebec.
- Visits are restricted to 3 hours on site at a time. No loitering or conducting business from spaces is permitted. Any customer found abusing this will be asked to leave the premises.
- No exchanges or refunds on merchandise will be accepted at this time.
Additional Guidelines for British Columbia and Alberta Locations
In addition to the above, the following additional guidelines will be in place for properties located in the province of British Columbia and Alberta.
- Merchandise exchanges, returns or refunds are now permitted, per standard company policy that was in place prior to the pandemic.
Customers with any concerns about their accounts or general questions can speak with a representative by contacting the property directly, or through our National Call Center at 1-877-777-8672. Public Storage takes great pride in promoting a safe working environment for its staff and valued customers. We thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and co-operation during this time.
On behalf of Public Storage,
Troy McLellan, President and CEO