Get The Most Out of Your Storage Space
Beds, tables and other bulky pieces should be disassembled. Take apart lawn mowers and snow blowers too, making sure all the fuel is completely drained. A place for everything and everything in its place. Now that everything is disassembled and packed, put it in your space in a way that makes sense.
- Store the items you’ll use most at the front of the unit where you can get to them easily.
- Leave a centre aisle for easy access, and remember to stack everything at least two inches from the walls to allow air to circulate.
- Store mattresses and couches on end and use protective covers.
- Shelving should be placed against the walls. Boxes and small items should be stored on the shelves.
- Wrap mirrors and pictures with protective wrap or use a special mirror carton and store them on end.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of bigger, heavier ones.